Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full Time
To provide counseling services to survivors in shelter and from the community empower them to best cope with and ultimately end the violence in their families. Oversees direct service for both domestic violence and sexual assault programs.
- Provide crisis and individual counseling to survivors.
- Provide appropriate individualized referrals to persons seeking services.
- Provide assessment, evaluation and intervention for individuals.
- Provide oversight of client interactions with Direct Service Assistants.
- Participate in professional collaborations for the best interest of survivors and the community.
- Coordinate with Safelight direct service providers.
- Clinical supervision of staff and student interns.
- Maintain the required level of supervision, education and training as required by National Board of Certified Counselors
- Provide and receive therapeutic training.
- Provide and receive training in other areas as related to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
- Ensure that all contacts with survivors and all appropriate information about abusers is maintained in the computer client data system.
- Ensure that client records are maintained and that services are documented.
Return to Top
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor
- Possess an understanding of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate and ability to supervise