our mission: creating hope, healing lives, changing community
We are a nonprofit agency that provides support for victims of interpersonal violence, sexual assault and child abuse. Making it possible for families who want to be free of violent relationships to succeed. We make hope real.
If you are in Immediate
Danger, Call 9-1-1
In 2013-2014, Mainstay provided:
- Shelter to 134 women
- Shelter to 95 children under 18
- Average length of stay was:
32 days for woman
45 days for women with
- Provided Outreach services to 434 non-sheltered individuals
- 121 attended Family Violence classes
- Received 786 hotline calls
Thank you to the Family Violence Prevention Services Program, US DHHS, and NC Council for Women for financial support.